I consider this the Modern Margarita. The flavor has been updated from the classic and now we’ve added a little design. This drink began for us at Fiddleheads in Royal Oak and we’ve been playing with it ever since. Last Saturday night, we raised a last toast to Fiddleheads as they closed their doors. We thank them for giving us the Lava Lamp and so many wonderful dinners.
Serves a Party of One
Fresh Juice Mix:
1 oz fresh orange or tangerine juice
1 oz fresh lime juice
1/2 oz fresh grapefruit juice
1. Salt the rim of martini glasses
2. Combine 1 oz of the Fresh Juice Mix with 1 oz Tequila and 1/2 oz Triple Sec
3. Pour mixture over ice in shaker …and shake
4. Pour strained drink into martini glass leaving a little room at the top
5. Pour 1/4 – 1/2 oz of Chambord down the inside of the glass.
Adjust the Chambord amount to the drinker. Chambord adds the sweet fast so start light and add more as needed.
Voila! The Chambord floats along the bottom like a Lava Lamp. You can stir all together or drink it as it settles.